Free Food Recipes and Video Cooking Classes with Quaker Anne
Milk Poached Eggs Over Toast
Milk Poached Egg Over Toast Recipe and Instructions. Serves 1
Preparation time: Approximately 10 minutes Cooking time: Approximately 5 min For more details, watch the cooking class above with Quaker Anne.
1/2 cup of milk. We use raw goat milk, but thee may use low fat milk or a
1 large, farm fresh, free range, chicken eggs. Turkey, duck or goose eggs can also be used but the cooking time would be a
few minutes longer as they are larger eggs.
1 slice of bread. I prefer homemade oatmeal bread.
1 teaspoon of unsalted butter.
Salt and pepper to taste.
1. Heat milk to a light simmer in a small sauce pan. Do not allow milk to boil.
2. Break the egg into a small bowl. Than, carefully and slowly pour the
egg into the simmering milk.
3. Gently simmer the egg in the milk for about five minutes and baste milk over the top of each
egg to cook thoroughly. Cook until egg white is no longer runny.
4. As the egg is cooking, toast and lightly butter 1 slice of bread.
Hold the toast in the toaster while the egg cooks so the toast will stay warm.
5. Warm the serving plate by placing the plate on top of
the warm toaster while the egg cooks.
6. When the egg is cooked, turn off the cooking heat. Place lightly buttered toast
onto the warmed plate.
Spoon the egg out of the milk with a slotted spoon and place on the toast.
Pour enough of the
hot milk over egg and toast to moisten the toast, but do not make it too soggy.
7. Serve while nice and warm with a bit of fresh fruit. Salt and pepper to taste.
Food for Thought
This an easy to make egg dish. Eggs and milk are important sources of protein, calcium, and nourishing calories.
Milk poached eggs over
toast is an excellent, nutritious, easy to eat and digest
meal for persons who may be ill, or suffering from or coping with cancer, cancer treatments or the effects
of chemotherapy. This is a very good Cancer recovery diet, food recipe.
"The Lord bless thee and keep thee...."
- Numbers 6:24
Copyright The Quaker Kitchen. All rights reserved.